[note: As correctly pointed out by Juha and hinted by me, the alpha3 SDK shipped just days later and this post does not apply to that.]
I was trying out a few things around Jolla’s Sailfish SDK today and I noticed something:
The recently published VirtualBox 4.3 has changed its command line tool arguments and broke the SDK installation process.
Error during installation process (org.merproject.emulator): Execution failed(Unexpected exit code: 1): "/usr/bin/VBoxManage storagectl SailfishOS Emulator --name SATA --add sata --controller IntelAhci --bootable on --sataportcount 1"
If you run that command manually you’ll get the following error message:
VBoxManage: error: Unknown option: --sataportcount
The new option seems to be –portcount in 4.3.
There are two ways to work around this:
- Install/downgrade VirtualBox 4.2, install Sailfish SDK alpha2, upgrade VirtualBox to 4.3
- When the error message comes up (once for MerSDK once for Emulator), open VirtualBox:
- Open “Settings” of the corresponding virtual machine
- Go to “Storage”
- Add “SATA” controller
- Press “OK” to close settings
- Press “ignore” in the SDK installer
I hear this is already fixed for the next SDK version, coming out soon™.